As a part of our commitment to normalize wellness for the BIPOC community, The Healing is proud partner with lululemon to offer a yoga scholarship for BIPOC men in pursuit of their 200 - Hour teacher certification. We believe representation matters. More BIPOC instructors in this space will lower barriers of entry for our community, ultimately fueling our mission to normalize mental health practices for BIPOC men and the resulting impact on the communities around them. We will award, at minimum, 2 full scholarships for 200-hour teacher certification.
The Healing Yoga Scholarship 2022-2023 Cohort will receive:
● $2500 scholarship to cover the full cost of a 200-hour teacher certification
● Mentorship from yogi and mindful performance coach, Jeremy Walton
● Community activities and resources for 2022-2023 cohort
Applicants will submit a video pitch that is 3 minutes or less, answering the following questions :
1. What is your name and where are you from?
2. How has your current yoga practice shaped the way you approach your personal
3. Why is it important for BIPOC men to have access to services like yoga and
4. How do you plan to impact the BIPOC community once certified?
5. What are you hoping to gain from this program?
The Healing BIPOC Yoga Scholarship will open on 11/4/2022. Submissions will be open through 12/5/2022. Scholarship recipients will receive notification on 12/16/2022 via The Healing’s IG page and email communication.
Scholarship includes a $2500 stipend that will be applied to a 200-hour teacher training. Teacher certification program will be selected by The Healing and advisory board, inclusive of designated lululemon staff and ambassadors. Funds will be paid directly to the designated teacher certification program from The Healing and/or lululemon.
● All teacher trainees are required to teach 8 community hours in a space serving the BIPOC community
● Additionally, all recipients must co-lead two (2) Healing flows with Jeremy Walton during their teacher training.
● All scholarship recipients must complete their 200-hour teacher training certification by 04/01/2023.
Applicants will submit a video pitch that is 3 minutes or less, answering the following questions:
● The Healing Scholarship is for BIPOC men who are Chicago residents.
● Applicants must be 21 years old or older.
● Applicants should be currently practicing yoga as a student and are looking to deepen
their own practice and impact their community through teaching.